Monday 10 January 2011

Harvey McQueen RIP

I didn't know Harvey McQueen personally, but he was part of our "family" of Tuesday Poets and was a well-respected New Zealand poet and author. So I was saddened to hear of his death.

He died on Christmas Day which, on one hand, is a good day to die since it is a day of joy and giving and happiness. On the other hand, I suppose it throws a shadow of grief over subsequent Christmas days for Harvey's loved ones left behind.

Goodbye, Harvey, although I never knew you in person, I enjoyed reading your poetry and your blog, Stoatspring. I guess God will have a good gardener now to spruce up the gardens in Heaven. May your spirit be at peace and may you look down on us struggling poets with love and affection.

My sincere condolences to Harvey's wife, Anne.

No comments:

Post a Comment